Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Venting

Sorry if I came across a bit angrily yesterday. I hate it when my immediate future is tossed up for grabs with no idea of how it may come down.

Yet my prediction about today's restructuring pow-wow was pretty accurate. Out of six total writers, four positions may be applied for beginning tomorrow, including one that is the exact same job I have been doing for nearly a year (and which no one else is doing; I'm a team of one).

That's the upside.

The downside is that among the current slate of writers, I'm the lowest on the totem pole in terms of in-house experience. Thus, part of me is thinking "last in, first out."

However, I will be employed until the first week of May, which is better than being laid off today, so I get a little breathing room. But ultimately, I give myself a 50-50 shot at still being employed 30 days from now.

I hate situations like these.

No comments: