Thursday, April 23, 2009

Man Up

On his Fox News program last night, while discussing the matter of waterboarding as torture (or not) Sean Hannity was asked by guest Charles Grodin if he would consent to being waterboarded himself.

Shrugging, Hannity said he would do so for charity which makes me suspect one of two things: a) He has more courage than I ever gave him credit for, or; b) Hannity hasn’t the slightest clue what he’s in for provided he keeps his word, and follows thru with the waterboarding – which is highly questionable.

In response, on Countdown tonight Keith Olbermann offered to donate $1000 to US military families for each second Hannity can tolerate the simulated drowning that waterboarding provides.

No pun intended, but I’m not holding my breath waiting for Hannity to keep his word. In my opinion, he is a gutless coward - one who is all mouth and no action.

However, if, like Olbermann, others offer to donate large sums to charity (I promise to donate $25.00) for Hannity to follow up on his boast, he may find backing out increasingly difficult until he either goes through with it or pusses out. And for the record, if Hannity is in fact waterboarded (and goes longer than ten seconds without crying uncle), I will be the first to acknowledge his commitment to the matter.

Yet by the same token, I’m not expecting this will happen at all. My faith in Sean Hannity's personal integrity is that miniscule.

Either way, I’ll keep an eye on it.

No comments: