Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Blue Cherry

Spent the evening in Chicago seeing Blue Man for the very first time, which made me feel like the last person on Earth who hasn’t already seen the show in its 11-year run at the Briar Street Theatre.

Better late than never, I guess.

Speaking of late, just before the show, a girl seated in the second row and I were asked by show staffers to participate in a regular gag where we pose as late comers to the performance, and are heralded by alarm bells and a spotlight pointing us out to the rest of the audience as the Blue Guys glared at us.

That was pretty fun; got me a free BMG fridge magnet, to boot.

But to sum up, BMG is an artistic slamdance dedicated all things creative – which to me, personifies the highest ethic one can aspire to.


By the way, Annette Strean in the above video? Extremely cute be it in or out of catseye specs, but preferably in.

No comments: