Thursday, January 24, 2008

Skunked Again

Stopped by my local chain bookstore last night to cruise the Manga section, and found myself looking for a title mentioned in “Juno” featuring a pregnant schoolgirl brandishing a mean katana.

The only problem was that I could not recall the book’s title, and the bookstore lacked an Internet connection that would have enabled me to look it up.

Well, after some home research, I learned the book in question (“Most Fruitful Yuki”) is an invention of “Juno” screenwriter (and Oscar nominee) Diablo Cody and complete fiction.

Too bad. “Yuki” is a great concept. Maybe someone out there will actually create a book around the character.

But until then, I did locate the following semi-disturbing short pitting Yuki versus a certain Sith Lord/Shadowy Vice-President.




PS: I’ve noticed Diablo Cody receiving quite a lot of attention lately, which is refreshing considering that most Hollywood screenwriters (or writers in general) receive about as many media kudos as your average second unit key grip.

Good for her.

No comments: