Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lucky Star

More than once, both I (and others) have half-joked about my similarity to the X-Men character Longshot – chiefly, as I’ve noted on this blog before, for my often uncanny ability to find new jobs and parking spots in a pinch.

Pretty pathetic, huh? A innate sense of lucky timing that only works in two situations, but apparently no others? Yet it's true.

However, in light of the recession devouring more jobs across the board than a black hole in 2008, and promising to eat more in early '09, I want to send up a prayer of thanks that I am among those lucky enough to still have a job that is relatively firm.

If you want to call that random fortune or mutant luck, it’s fine with me. I’m just glad that it seems to be on my side, even (and especially) in the most pressing of circumstances.

PS: For the record, no, I do not have a mullet nor dress in skin-tight leather pants.

Thinking about fate too much gives me a headache.

No comments: