Wednesday, September 10, 2008

In Repose

I may live to break this vow in 24 hours, but I am heretofore making a resolution not to blog about politics or the presidential election until September 26, which is the night of the first debate between McCain and Obama.

I think the final straw for me was today’s Marsha Brady-esque display from McCain’s people via Barack Obama’s “lipstick on a pig” comment this Tuesday, and then how so many conservative bloggers bought the whole routine, shaking their digital mitts amid outraged cries of sexism.

As such, the sheer stupidity of this election is making me nauseous, prompting a leap off this civic haywagon for a spell to blather on about other topics.

2 comments:

Sarah Grace McCandless said...

I don't even know where to begin with the lipstick thing. The McCain / Palin machine is frightening. I am praying for the debates to right this wrong - cannot believe people are falling for Palin's empty vapid crap!

Christopher Hugh Varney (CHV) said...

It's simple, SG: to her base, Palin is a fully-powered, right-wing Wonder Woman.

See next blog entry.