Tuesday, August 21, 2007

I Have A Theory

Last night, after roughly three straight days of rain passed through the Chicago area, the weather finally broke after work enough for me to skate over to Jericho Lake for a practice round of disc golf.

On the whole--despite the swampy conditions, relentless mosquitoes, and falling down a muddy slope--it was time well-spent. However, I became very perturbed after making an anhyzer throw on a short Par 3 which landed in a patch of greenery, and could not (for the life of me) find the damned thing.

It did not land in the creek running behind the trees, else I would have heard a splash. The disc simply vanished, despite my every effort to roust it into view.

This is hardly the first time I've seen this happen during a game - witnessing a disc land not far away, and finding it utterly vanished upon looking for it.

At first I suspected Chupacabras, but then theorized that small inter-dimensional vortexes inhabit disc golf courses which delight in sucking your wayward disc into the great unknown.

Quite frankly, I cannot come up with a more logical answer. And it pisses me off to no end.

The discs go in, and wind up somewhere in orbit around Rigel 7.


No comments: