Sunday, August 26, 2007

Adventures in Titusville

This morning's weekly round of disc golf with my pals marked the very first time where I was glad to see our time on the course together end.

To put it mildly, after a well-publicized series of heavy rains that passed thru the Midwest last week, almost every body of water has overrun its banks. The result, thanks to the ingenious managers of the Streamwood (IL) Park District who decided to put a disc golf course on a floodplain, is a nightmare for players resulting in stinking mud, swampy pools ripe with mosquitoes, and banks of cattails bursting with pollen.

In short, Shady Oaks Disc Golf Course was horrible to play today. I expect we'll return later, however, after conditions dry up - perhaps in December when the bugs are dead.

Here's our helpful friend Man-Thing directing golfers to the 16th hole

PS: Big, heartfelt thanks to my pals Mike, Bruce, Mark and Josephine for my birthday gifts and the tasty cake.

No comments: