Thursday, May 31, 2007

Praiseland Lives

Over on Dispatches From the Culture Wars, Ed Brayton posted an article on the newly opened Creation Museum (outside Cincinnati) and its position that the universe is astonishingly younger than science ever could have imagined.

On this point, I really don’t care, considering this theory is brought to us by the same folks who posit that carnivores did not exist on Earth until Adam and Eve were booted from Eden (among other ideas). However, when I ambled over to the museum’s website I was struck how little detail it included on its exhibits.

In fact, most links on the site only relay users to the museum’s bookstore, loaded with all manner of young (read as “flat”) earth books and other media.

I was, however, able to dig up the following on part of the museum’s interior.

I quote Homer Simpson: "Is that all there is? Is that all there is? If that's all there is, then let's keep dancing!"

No comments: