Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Get Lucky

This past week has been quite the whirlwind, beginning with being told on Monday night that my contract position with the VA has been unplugged.

However, my "unluck-luck" factor (which refers to my longtime, almost mutant-like ability to overcome sudden bad news with something else that falls out of the sky a la Longshot) seems to be kicking in once again, as I have a phone interview tomorrow for a job (another contract) that would pay as well as my current salary, and is in the same field.

The notion of commuting again doesn’t appeal to me much, but work is work. And my dog needs her kibble.

Yet beside all this, I’m frankly glad to be leaving my current job (which officially ends March 7th), which has been a proverbial funhouse of stress and frustration to work on.

So maybe this shift is yet another blessing in disguise.

We’ll see. Wish me luck.

Guess who needs a haircut and update of costume?

No comments: