Thursday, November 6, 2008

Woodshed

Poor Jill Stanek.

How unfortunate it is that most Americans do not share her 18th century, religious police-state view of women’s reproductive rights.

But even worse, Jill is just flummoxed that Barack “Infanticide” Obama won the presidential election this week, and that two rigid, pro-life state propositions she had backed were also defeated, one in Colorado (Prop 4) that would have deemed personhood at conception, and another in South Dakota (Prop 11) that would have barred most all abortions.

Poor Jill Stanek.

To be serious for a moment, I do not support abortion on demand (as a form of birth control) in the third trimester. I believe such incidents should not be legal, but must contain standard exceptions for a woman’s life and health, plus those for rape or incest.

Abortion in the first trimester, again IMO, should be freely available – which leaves second trimester cases, and in these situations, I’m not sure where I stand.

Now where was I?

Oh yeah, poor Jill Stanek.

I’ll pray for her tonight after I donate $100 on-line to Planned Parenthood.

No comments: