Sunday, September 23, 2007

DG Review - Eagle Ridge (Oswego, IL)

My disc golf pals and I could not have picked a more gorgeous early fall day to play our usual Sunday.

This time, we followed the Fox River south to Oswego's Eagle Ridge (recently expanded from a 9-holer to an 18), and damn, was it a beast - having no water hazards, but offering a heavy tree cover and deep, weedy roughs. Plus, on top of this, there was a good breeze out which is always a treat when trying to throw straight discs.

But I'll give Eagle Ridge's groundskeepers credit: the site was lovely and clean, and the fairways (most all Par 3's) more than a challenge. Not that this is a bad thing (i.e. the challenging part); it's just frustrating at times.

On the lighter side of the game, however, I managed to hit Mark twice with my shots - once in the lower back, and again in the tuckus as he walked downfield - a feat I don't think I could repeat if I tried. I'm just glad that none of our discs have serated edges - otherwise, today's game would have resembled a Rob Zombie movie.

No comments: