Tuesday, September 4, 2007

The Big Picture

On the drive into work this morning, I was listening to WLS radio--Chicago's longtime AM station which currently sports a conservative talk format--when a man who claimed to be a scientific expert (forgive me, I never got his name) posited that global warming could indeed have an upside when one considers it may reduce the annual total of people killed worldwide by exposure to freezing winter temperatures.

I kid you not.

So using this same "logic," I guess one could also argue that dumping medical waste into the ocean could be a great thing if fish are stuck by, say, hypodermics laced with penicillin - thus, upping the fishes' immune systems, and making them healthier for us to eat.

Wow, Grandma and Dick Cheney were right. There is a silver lining in every situation is you look hard enough.

No comments: