Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Big Wrap: Now We Move On

This morning, in the back bays off Fort Myers Beach, my father's ashes were laid to rest according to his wishes - although when we were done, no one in the family was in the mood for fishing. We just hugged one another, and shared our mutual support. So it's all over now, and I'm glad we're all moving on (as in forward).

I'm flying home to Chicago tomorrow with the requisite t-shirts and tacky fridge magnets I make a point of collecting when I'm out of town. I also got in a round or two of disc golf, the first course at Bonita Springs Rec Center being god-awful (the layout, not my game, perish the thought!), and the next at Florida Gulf Coast U being dramatically better - although I must admit it's a treat reaching for a wayward disc under a patch of palmetto bushes not knowing if a rattlesnake is there waiting to tag you.

Good times, I say. Good times.

1 comment:

Eva said...

Hey Chris, I just wanted to let you know how sorry I am for your loss. I write for the Lisle Sun and have been trying to contact you and your brother and it looks like this may be the only way. I am writing a story about the legacy your father left behind and was wondering if you would feel up to talking to me about the story. Please feel free to contact me at work at 630-416-5103. Thanks, Eva McKendrick