Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Vive Le France

Tomorrow, the head man for the company I am sub-contracting for will be delivering a Town Hall-style employee meeting at an office on the east coast - although all continental employees are invited to listen by teleconference.

This meeting makes me a tad nervous because of two things: the timing (45 days into a new quarter), and the extent which this company is advertising it - which makes me wonder if us groundlings won't soon be hearing a steady drum roll and the thud of a heavy blade (e.g. job cuts) tomorrow.

I suppose if there's any good news for me, it's that I work in a very small office and thus make for a small target. Still, one never knows how the day will turn out, but judging from the dour tone of the Town Hall invite, I can't see it being upbeat - even if no jobs are lost in the next 24 hours.

No comments: