Monday, June 11, 2007

Frisbee Armageddon: The Follow-Up

Okay, so I didn’t quite crush my competition during last weekend’s Lumber Cup disc golf tourney in Joliet.

But despite falling into a muddy creek, and playing the rest of the morning round with soaked sneakers, I enjoyed a consistent run of 23 holes, and even sank a 65-foot putt with my prized tangerine-colored Innova Shark.

Afterwards, however, I declined playing the afternoon round due to a major energy deficit (having played three hours on one chocolate zinger) and a sore shoulder, so after sampling the Saturday lunch special at a local Cracker Barrel, I drove home to chip the dried mud off my body.

As for West Park, it’s a tough, rocky course but I didn’t lose any discs. I also experimented with throwing from the right, versus doing so exclusively from the left – thus, arcing all my shots from that direction.

But I have to say I’m getting drawn into the fabulous world of disc golf quite nicely. It’s a lot cheaper than actual golf, and is challenging enough to keep you interested while not being so tough that you get frustrated and quit.

I’m also getting some friends into the game, so hey, instant golf buddies!

No comments: