Thursday, December 6, 2007

Not To Pile On Here...

But I can’t get a recent comment by “The View” co-host Sherri Shepherd out of my mind claiming that Christianity is the first religion in human history.

This is from the same person who claimed (also on “The View”) she does not believe in evolution (fine, it’s not illegal), and answered “I don’t know” to a question from her co-hosts asking whether the earth was flat or round.

Ordinarily, I might write off Shepherd’s first claim about Christianity pre-dating that of the Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, Africans, Native Americans, et al., as coming from the mouth of an ignorant kid who simply doesn’t know any better. But Sherri Shepherd is my age, almost forty, not some fresh-faced mope out of high school.

Here’s a tip, honey.

Put down your Bible for a minute, and crack open a history book. I doubt you’ll learn anything, but I figure it’s worth a shot.

No comments: