Wednesday, December 12, 2007

The Mid-Week Magic Bag

Picked up a small gaggle stuff at my FNCS over lunch, and the following two items caught my eye straight off:

"It Ate Billy on Christmas" by Roman Dirge and Steven Daily (Dark Horse)

This is one of those comic store purchases I made on a lark. No questions asked. I just loved the title, plus at a mere $12.95 any tale combining Christmas and moppets going down a monster’s greasy esophagus can’t be beat.

Secondly, based on my personal conviction that Alan Moore’s “Batman: The Killing Joke” is the finest comic book ever written, I had to check out this would-be sequel in Booster Gold #5 (co-written by Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz) featuring BG going back in time to prevent Barbara Gordon from being paralyzed by the Joker.

But unfortunately, despite Booster’s superior powers, the rescue turns out to be far tougher than he expected – in fact, ridiculously tough.

My compliments to Dan Jurgens and Norm Raphund for doing a capable job of replicating Brian Bolland's original artwork.


No comments: