Monday, November 19, 2007

Talent vs. Not

This past weekend, was cruising the Saturday night TV after the Hawks game and ran across The Graham Norton Show on BBC America.

On it, KT Tunstall was the musical guest and played a track from her new album. I had never seen KT perform live before, but suffice to say, she kicked monster ass on the following grounds: a) she’s Scottish; b) she was very sweet and down-to-earth, and; c) she is brimming over with awesome musical talent.

Exhibit A:

Recently, I saw a Disney-endorsed sister duo try to cover the above song, and they failed horribly – both girls badly lacking the vocal range and soulful tone the song demands – which just goes to show what genuine musical talent really sounds like. I swear, man. Listen to the original KT Tunstall version, and then the Disney chicks' - which after fifteen seconds I defy you not to reach for an icepick to shove into your cranium and kill the noise.

That’s it. Rant over.

Did I mention KT kicks monster ass? I did? Well, just wanted to be sure.

No comments: