Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Hawks Fans Growing Cocky; Film At 11

This past Sunday night marked my third Hawks-Red Wings game at United Center, and man, are the once lowly hockey fans of Chicago getting a swelled head.

Versus last year, when the Hawks only managed to beat Detroit once all season, the team’s record against the Wings in 2007-08 is already 3-0 (as of Nov 11). It’s a good start, but there’s a lot of season left to go – advice seemingly lost this Sunday on Hawks fans enjoying a post-game victory strut around the Wings fans in attendance.

Most of the ribbing was in good fun.

And I even found myself on the receiving end of some for wearing a Grateful Dead-themed tee designed to mimic a Red Wings shirt. As such, I was the recipient of more than one “De-troit Sucks!” catcall both inside and outside the UC from morons apparently too drunk to read.

Even the Hawks’ politically-correct mascot (see below) gave me a hard time about my shirt in the stadium’s walkways until recognizing what I was wearing was, in fact, a rock & roll tee.

Well done, Tommy. At least you’re not illiterate.

Hey, Osgood! Yeah, you! The guy in goal! You’re a big idiot!
Yeah, that’s right! I just called you a big idiot! And you know what?
That defenseman beside you? He’s a big idiot too! How d’ya like that? Ha!


No comments: