Monday, July 16, 2007

Ass-pocalypse Now

Sore palms, sweaty legs, and an ass to match…the fruits of a rollicking night at the local Russian bathhouse, you ask?

Not exactly.

This past Saturday night/Sunday morning, I joined about 9000 other area bike riders (and a small group of friends) at the annual Chicago LATE Ride covering 25 miles on a course south from Buckingham Fountain (turned off, mysteriously), then northwest along Elston and east on Foster, before finishing south along Lake Michigan (where a beautiful sunrise was shared by all) until ending back at Buckingham.

For the record, I began at around 2AM and pedaled in at a little after five, legs screaming with fatigue and me wishing I had invested in padded bike shorts.

Well, maybe next year.

Besides, the aches were nothing a good 16 hours of sleep couldn’t help fix, and God knows I needed the exercise.

No comments: